(1 Jan 2015)
TerraMai warrants that for a period of ten years from date of purchase, our materials – when installed in a single family residence - will meet the specifications outlined in our eStore (modified over time by wear and tear, seasoning of the material, and so forth – see further information below as to what can be expected).
TerraMai materials are designed and manufactured to high industry standards. However, they may fail for several reasons including if they are not properly installed, installed in an environment not appropriate for such materials, if they are not properly cared for, etc.
Wood is a natural material and it can vary widely in color, character and grain. These variations are an inherent part of wood’s natural beauty and character. Natural wood characteristics such as mineral streaks, knots, grain variation, color variation and other naturally occurring differences between individual pieces, and between sample pieces and the installed product, are to be expected and are not defects.
This warranty does not cover:
- Damage, indentations, scratches or stains arising from the following; negligence, accidents, abuse, fire or excessive heat, abnormal wear, heels (including spike heels), caster wheels, vacuum cleaner beater bars, grit, sand or exposure to other abrasive substances, dents, pet damage, insect infestation.
- Damage caused by excessive moisture including, but not limited to, improper humidity levels, excessive ground moisture that migrates into the material, and water leaks or spills of any sort.
- Changes in color or tone from exposure to UV light. Prolonged exposure to sunlight will cause changes in the color and tone of any wood floor and its finish. This is a natural and inevitable process and does not constitute a defect.
- Separation between boards, cracks including hair line cracks and endsplits resulting from natural expansion and contraction. Because wood is a natural product, it will expand and contract as moisture and humidity levels change throughout seasons. Seasonal expansion and contraction is considered normal and is not covered by this warranty.
- Problems resulting from storage, site conditions, installation or maintenance of our products.
- Installation not in a single family residence.
Warranty Claim Process
Within the warranty period please email eStoreCustomerService@TerraMai.com with the following information.
- Copy of original TerraMai invoice
- If solid material, please send documentation created at the time of installation regarding acclimation process, material moisture content, ambient moisture content, and other relevant information
- Please send documentation as to how and when the material has been maintained and cared for since installation (for example, finished refreshed with Rubio Pure May 2016 and again October 2017 OR Material was sanded and refinished with Bona Naturale June 2018, etc.)
- Clearly explain in what ways the material is non-conforming and what amount of the material is non-conforming (e.g. “100 square feet”, “all of it”, etc.)
- Pictures clearly documenting the non-conformance
- Your contact information including email and phone number
- We are only able to consider your Warranty Claim in the event you provide ALL the above stated documentation
- If TerraMai finds that the material you purchased does not conform to the warranties described in this Warranty, we will provide replacement material (which, due to product changes over time, may or may not exactly match the original material) at a price discounted by the life remaining in the warranty period (for example, if the failure occurs and is reported in writing to TerraMai in the second year after purchase, an 80% discount – eight years remaining of the ten year warranty - will be extended for replacement material). This warranty covers the TerraMai product only and not any additional costs you may incur for such things as removal of defective material, installation of the replacement material, etc. TerraMai will not be liable for or pay under this Warranty, any and all incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages.
- This Limited Warranty constitutes the only express or implied warranties.
- DISCLAIMER: TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN OUR LIMITED WARRANTIES DESCRIBED IN THIS WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISES UNDER STATE LAW AND CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, THEN ANY SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE WRITTEN WARRANTY, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.